NOTE: The following copy is taken verbatum from this Dane County website page. It is presented to provide an example of what information can be provided here. You’re encouraged to draft similar content or modify as needed.
- Goals of the Professional Development Team
- To enhance staff performance by providing opportunities for professional growth and development of skills related to their current positions.
- To strengthen staff job performance based on identified needs from a Performance Improvement Plan or Professional Development Plan.
- To guarantee all staff understand and are able to comply with agency policies and procedures.
- To ensure all staff receive training and support to fulfill requirements within the Head Start Performance Standards, Wisconsin State Day Care Licensing Requirements, Family Service Credential, NAFCC (National Association of Family Child Care) standards and NAEYC’s (National Association for the Education of Young Children) Accreditation standards.
- To assist staff in gaining additional skills and training needed to progress from one position to another.
- To provide opportunities which will encourage professional development, strengthen the team, enhance staff morale, and lead to optimum job satisfaction and commitment.
- To encourage all staff to become life-long learners.