Social and Emotional Growth
“Early experiences determine whether a child’s developing brain architecture provides a strong or weak foundation for all future learning behavior and health.”
– Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University, Aug. 2007
We know that our parents believe their child’s ability to learn successfully, control their own behaviors and find appropriate ways to get their needs met is just as important as a child’s physical health. That is why we are committed to providing:
- Social/emotional growth screening
(using the Ages and Stages- Social Emotional Questionnaire )
- Services of a qualified Mental Health (social/emotional growth expert) Consultant that will:
- Provide more in depth screening support when parents and staff feel it would be helpful
- Observe classroom environments and make recommendations for changes to teachers.
- Observe individual children as referred (and with parent permission) to make recommendations for supporting individual children’s social and emotional growth
- Talk with parents regarding concerns they may have about their child’s social and emotional growth and how parents can support health social and emotional growth.
- Staff who will treat each other, children and families with respect to promote positive self esteem.
- Staff who will use consistent and positive approaches to manage children’s’ behavior.